So many songs are good to play on a Tres Cubano, as this instrument is versatile and can be used to play a wide range of musical styles.
Some popular songs that sound great on a Tres Cubano include:
- “Bésame Mucho” by Consuelo Velázquez
- “Chan Chan” by Compay Segundo
- “Dos Gardenias” by Ibrahim Ferrer
- “El Manisero” by Moisés Simons
- “Guantanamera” by José Martí
- “Habanera” from Carmen by Georges Bizet
- “La vida es un carnaval” by Celia Cruz
- “Lágrimas Negras” by Miguel Matamoros
- “Nostalgia de la Habana” by Lecuona Cuban Boys
- “Siboney” by Ernesto Lecuona
These songs showcase the unique sound and versatility of the Tres Cubano and provide a great starting point for anyone looking to learn how to play this instrument.
Let’s review a few of these songs, so we can get you started with the Tres Cubano
As you become more skilled at playing the Tres Cubano, you can explore more complex songs and styles of music to continue developing your skills and express your musical ideas.